cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is the contract paused or suspended?

hajvanho
Ace Contributor
Nikola R Member Since: Sep 13, 2017
11 of 24

Thanks Petra!

Could you please give me your rough estimation as for when should I start thinking of ending the contract on my own? After what period of time?

The job was posted on 16th of August [Pardon me for the mistake earlier on] and the milestone was officially ended on the same date. Payment was automatically processed on 30th August and violation of ToS reported on 13th of September.

That is 52 days of idle contract since the last milestone.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 24

@Nikola R wrote:

That is 52 days of idle contract since the last milestone.

Personally I'd leave it alone for another month and I'd make sure I get a number of great feedbacks in the meantime and work towards top rated status.

hajvanho
Ace Contributor
Nikola R Member Since: Sep 13, 2017
13 of 24

All right, one more month it is. Smiley Happy

Although it bugs me that I have one more recent contract with a similar story. I guess I will keep that one idle until I hopefully get to the same conditions as the first one.

Thanks!

dbb644c2
Ace Contributor
Pooja J Member Since: Dec 22, 2020
14 of 24

Hi,

One of my contract "Muse Group Social Media Marketing Strategies" has been suspended yesterday. Also, my client hired me 1 month ago and from day 1 to till now, he has not provided me any work and now it is showing suspended. Please let me know what is the exact issue? What should I do?

petra_r
Community Guru
15 of 24

Pooja J wrote:

What should I do?

Nothing. If the client has been unresponsive for a month, you may want to just close the contract.

Pooja J wrote:

Please let me know what is the exact issue? 

That's between Upwork and the client and Upwork won't discuss the client's contract with you.

ali1111111111
Asad A Member Since: May 15, 2019
16 of 24

Hi, If client has paid you an upfront half money and it goes into your pending balance, The next day client's account is suspended. Will you receive the money that is in your pending state? 

petra_r
Community Guru
17 of 24

Asad A wrote:

Hi, If client has paid you an upfront half money and it goes into your pending balance, The next day client's account is suspended. Will you receive the money that is in your pending state? 

Only if the issue is cleared. It always looks peculiar when the contract is hourly at  $15.00 an hour and the client paid $3,500 up front for some reason....

ali1111111111
18 of 24

If client doesnot fix the issue on time. Will it go back to his account?

petra_r
Community Guru
19 of 24

Asad A wrote:

If client doesnot fix the issue on time. Will it go back to his account?

It will go back to the payment method used to pay it, which may or may not be the same........

How did this play out? A $3,500 advance payment is... "unusual" on Upwork to say the least.

ali1111111111
20 of 24

The client looked at my portfolio and he had almost a similar application in his mind that i had already developed. He shared a document with me where we discussed about some modifications according to his requirement. This way he agreed to pay upfront and agreed that any modifications made in future and missing functionalities will be on hourly basis. So that was my luck! I shared the application URL with him in my cover letter when i applied for the job by looking at his requirement. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS