🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Is the upgraded Upwork account worth it?
Page options
barman-elizabeth
Community Member

Is the upgraded Upwork account worth it?

So, Upwork is constantly trying to get me up upgrade to a premium (or whatever they call it) account in order to 'see other's offers' etc. Have others of you who've done this found it helpful or is it just an attempt to upsell? I don't really see how it would be that beneficial, but I know there's a LOT I don't know about this whole arena yet.....

Thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

I regard the upgraded Upwork account as something that doesn't offer me anything of value.

I know some people like it, because it DOES have real, unique privileges. But they are not privileges I pesonally want to use.

I look at it this way:

These are some things that Upwork doesn't REALLY want you to do, but which many freelancers DO want to do. So if you pay some extra money, Upwork will let you do it.

Such as hiding earnings. I don't want to hide earnings, and Upwork thinks that it is more profitable for freelancers to NOT hide earnings. So that's one of the "upgrade" privileges.

And seeing the highest and lowest bid amounts... I bid what I bid. My bids never have anything to do with what anybody else bids. If I COULD see what other freelancers are bidding, that isn't going to change what I bid. So that perk holds no interest to me.

kirnazdogan
Community Member

I agree with everything Preston has mentioned and want to add some other things.

The Plus Membership gives us 70 free connects each month for a charge of $14,99, but we can buy 80 connects for $12. So it sounds a bit expensive unless you see other features as 'privileges'.  Besides, I'm very selective about submitting proposals, and I don't remember that I've used 70 connects in one month for the past three to four months. So, it is a real privilege for me to buy connects only when I need them. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths