🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is there a bug with fixed price and reports?
Page options
m_sharman
Community Member

Is there a bug with fixed price and reports?

I just had a very unhelpful chat with the CS team. 

I was hired last night for a fixed price job, I accepted the offer.  No money appeared in my "in process" but I began work (the milestone was funded). This morning I submitted the work and still nothing is showing in the 'in review."

The CS person said "in review" is quote:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Huh? Say what..? I always see my fixed price contracts as "work in process" and then "in review" etc. Not to mention, this text from the question icon next to in review:

This represents hours logged last week that are now under review by your clients. Clients have 5 days to review your work diary. This also includes any fixed-price milestones you've submitted for review. Clients have 14 days to accept (or ask for changes on) submitted milestones.

Any help from the crowd? It seems my money is funded, but if there is a bug in reporting, I'd like to know.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Miriam H wrote:

snip

Any help from the crowd? It seems my money is funded, but if there is a bug in reporting, I'd like to know.

There seems to be a known bug. I wouldn't worry (yet), it'll be fixed eventually. In all the years I have been here, when this sort of thing happened, it was only the reports that played up, the money still did what it was supposed to do, it just didn't reflect correctly in reports.

The customer service person you ended up with is showing a shocking lack of understanding your question and just grabbed some vaguely fitting canned responses in the hope it'll do...

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
petra_r
Community Member

Miriam H wrote:

snip

There seems to be a known bug. I wouldn't worry (yet), it'll be fixed eventually. In all the years I have been here, when this sort of thing happened, it was only the reports that played up, the money still did what it was supposed to do, it just didn't reflect correctly in reports.

The customer service person you ended up with is showing a shocking lack of understanding your question and just grabbed some vaguely fitting canned responses in the hope it'll do...

Petra R wrote:

Yes, that was my feeling exactly! I asked him if there was a bug??? 

Thanks for confirming and I won't worry about the funds until the client approves, etc...

Petra R wrote:

So update - I was wondering why I hadn't received my usual "rate your service" email, and the CS just provided the following update:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I now return everyone to your regularly scheduled forum reading.

lysis10
Community Member

lol oh man that CS answer.

OP, yeah same happened to me. Took 13+ hours for it to show up in mine. Haven't submitted it yet but it finally showed up in my "In Progress" tab.

renatoss
Community Member

They broke this site again, for the x- million time. 

If the money from escrow are requested and the things are buged in there, do the clients even get a notification or something ? since I still can't see  any funds in review, even if the $ request was made  more  then 24h ago.

asikpo_deborah
Community Member

Hello, please I need help. I don't know if there is an error because I can't find the money funded for a milestone on my log. Like it is still showing '0.00' under my work in progress.

Hello everyone.
Quick question: On a fixed price contract, I have requested payment since yesterday (about 22 hours ago) under the 3rd milestone of this contract but in my reports the amount is still shown under "Work in Progress" and not under "In Review" as happened always so far. When I go into my jobs, it says "Requested 1 day ago" and the green button says "Review or Resubmit Work". When I go into the job's Milestones & Earnings, it says "Current milestone - SUBMITTED" and in the milestone amount says "funded" So apparently the work is under review and there is not anything strange here to my opinion.
Is there any change on how the system works or my profile has somehow stuck at this point?
My client is really cooperative and I don't expect to have any issue, however just checking for the sake of good order.
Thanks!

I have client funded the milestone but I not received the funds in fixed-price milestones in the progress list.

Thanks. But I can't find money funded too in my account. Pls could you help me do something to it?

Hi admins, can you check my contract? Why the funded money from my new contract (started yesterday) is not calculated into "work in progress"? Also the job itself not listed in the " on progess fixed price milestones" list. Curently I have 2 fixed price contract, but the list only showing 1 fixed price contract. The new contract not listed there.

As I know the new contract is funded and running, but the it not listed and the funded money is not calculated. Please check the attached images.

Thank you in advance,

Tias

Same thing is happening with me. Looks like report is not updating.

Yesterday i submitted milestone for approval but money is still in " work in progress ". It should be in " In Review " since client is reviewing my work.

Hi Nikhil, that's why I am asking. That is my concern. I have plan to submit my work tommorow.
I think something is not working on UP back-end. I hope they can fix the problem soon.

Thank you for the info NIkhil. 🙂

adebayo-doyin
Community Member

I cannot find the milestone funded in my account as it isn't under work in progress

I have the same issue with the two newest activated milestones. I not even received notifications for activated milestones which ended up with a client that is now asking for a refund as I not started with the job on time.  

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicholas, Rachael, Doyin, and Sebastian,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have a similar issue, where a client approved a milestone, but it still shows in "work in progress" while also showing up under "Other payments and adjustments." 

Hi Valentina, Tias, Nikhil, and Abbey,

We've shared this with the team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Is this bug affecting activation of milestones, too? A client told me on Friday she intended to fund and activate the next milestone before hitting the road for a week or two. It has not showed as funded yet, and I assumed she forgot. But maybe she did take care of it and it's just not showing?

thx

Hi Phyllis,

I'd like to check this with the team for you. Can you please share more information via PM so that I can include it on my report? Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Phyllis,

I'd like to check this with the team for you. Can you please share more information via PM so that I can include it on my report? Thank you!

Hi, Joanne, I sent you a PM on Sunday, please check your inbox. thx

Hi Phyllis,

I went ahead and checked on the contract you were referring to. The milestone is not funded on the clients side either. This issue wasn't affecting funding, only Reports.

~ Valeria
Upwork
rana1307
Community Member

Almost same problem with me also.

My amount of a contract is not showing anywhere in the reports pages.... it is neither showing in work-in-progess or under review tab.

everytime upwork increases it price saying it will help to give better services.. but everytime after increasing the prices.. the service quality goes down.........

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rana, 

It looks like you have reached out to us through social media, and through a support ticket already. As the team has confirmed, please know that there is a known issue and our engineers are looking into this further. I apologise for the inconvenience.

~ Avery
Upwork
tirahayu
Community Member

UPDATE: To all who currently have the problem, please don't worry. The money will be back.
I submitted my work with the funded money not showed/added in "Work in progress" coloum and after  accepted, now it showed/added to "Pending" column just like usually.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

Our engineers implemented a fix for this issue and Reports should now be showing correctly for fixed-price contracts. Please, let us know if you still see amounts showing incorrectly in reports.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members