🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is there a risk while submitting my work?
Page options
alizadalala
Community Member

Is there a risk while submitting my work?

Hi everyone,

I have a really small question. I am a 3D designer and therefore the output of my work are graphical images or videos.

Should I put a watermark on the submitted work in case the client decides not to pay?

And then send a link to the drive or something when they release the payment?

What do you think about it? Sorry if these questions are dumb, I just don't want to put myself in a trap. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

You are not supposed to watermark or otherwise limit or handicap the files you submit. The client's credit card WAS ALREADY CHARGED to pay for the work when he funded escrow.

Submit the work. Let the client review the work and then release the escrow pay to you.

Yes, there is risk. But there is considerably LESS risk with this system because the payment is already in escrow, intended to be paid to you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

You are not supposed to watermark or otherwise limit or handicap the files you submit. The client's credit card WAS ALREADY CHARGED to pay for the work when he funded escrow.

Submit the work. Let the client review the work and then release the escrow pay to you.

Yes, there is risk. But there is considerably LESS risk with this system because the payment is already in escrow, intended to be paid to you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members