cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way I can delete a client's bad feedback to me?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Emmanuel V Member Since: Nov 20, 2009
1 of 16
Hi. I have a mean client, and all of the sudden he terminated the contract for some reason he just don't want to continue anymore because he thought he didn't like the illustration I did. But I followed his instructions and did the illustration based on it. He could have discussed it with me what he really liked. What he did was post a bad comment by saying "Don't get this freelancer". Is there a way I can delete his comment? Thanks.
Poonam S Member Since: Aug 11, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 16
You cannot delete the feedback from client, however you can make them private. My Jobs > Contracts > Select the name of Project / Client > Make clients comment Private
Sara A Member Since: Dec 27, 2014
3 of 16

it doesn't work with me! are you sure of this ?

Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
4 of 16

Hi

The feature to make client comment private had been removed by odesk and unfortunately there is no way provided by odesk to remove or dispute client feedback no matter how unfair it is.

You have following options:

1)You can respond to the client's feedback explaining your side of the story. Issue with this feature is that your response does not appear in public profile view and client has to be viewing your full profile to be able to see your response.

2)Make full refund to remove the contract from your profile. It is unfair and many clients use this to get work for free but odesk is not taking any action regarding this. 

3)If the feedback comment has any content that can be specified as abusive or racial, you can open a ticket with odesk to have it removed.

Thanks

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 16

You know what, Emmanuel?

You should relaxe a bit and not worry overly much about that client's bad feedback.

I can say that because I took a look at your profile and you have some GREAT feedback, and you have some not-as-great feedback that was only complaining about timing and deadlines, not about the quality of your work.

And I took at look at your profile and it is fantastic. One of the finest profiles I've seen in a while.

Also, yours is the type of work which is clearly yours, and not something that could have been copied from anywhere else.

I'm sorry about a mean client. Refund the project if you feel you must (which maybe you already did), or respond.

But you don't need to worry. People who look at your portfolio will continue to hire you, unless they need the work done overnight or need a whole bunch of work done in an unreasonable timeframe, in which case you don't want to work for them anyway.

Ace Contributor
Emmanuel V Member Since: Nov 20, 2009
6 of 16

Thank you Preston for an encouraging compliment on my talents.  You are right!

RICHARD D Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
7 of 16

unfortunately upwork does not care about it. I was awarded a top freelaancer badge and was successful in my jobs.until this mean client suddenly cancel a project, asked for a refund and tagged me as poor graphic artist. even said that my portfolio was taken from other peoples work. that is so unfair. upwork removed that part of the comment though later on but it did damage my profile a lot. i have not been getting clients since then. upwork should also consider taking care of freelancers. we freelancers make money for you.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 16

Hi Richard,

Upwork can only remove or edit feedback if it violates the Terms of Use, which was done. However, the team will not be able to remove feedback completely. If you haven't already, you can reply to client's feedback professionally and provide your side of the story.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Umar F Member Since: Feb 8, 2019
9 of 16

hi,

My client violates the terms of work, now work wants to remove feedback. how can  I remove the feedback as a client on the freelancer profile, the freelancer has a grant right to edit his feedback. but  I am unable to remove feedback only edit rights are showing.?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 16

Hi Umar, 

Are you referring to the contract that was discussed on Ticket #26914128? If so, I can follow up with the team handling this case so that they can assist you further withyour concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS