🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Is there a way I can see why a potential ...
Page options
directorjl
Community Member

Is there a way I can see why a potential client has a low rating?

I was been propositioned by a potential client to do some freelance work but I noticed their rating is 3.3. Is there a way to see why they have such a low rating? I would hate to start a job and not get paid for my work. I want to know if other freelancers were not paid by the client.
2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Jazmine C wrote:
I was been propositioned by a potential client to do some freelance work but I noticed their rating is 3.3. Is there a way to see why they have such a low rating? I would hate to start a job and not get paid for my work. I want to know if other freelancers were not paid by the client.

You look at the client's feedback from the job post. 

The client's rating is Dollar weighed, so it is theoretically possible that the client had lots of small jobs go perfectly but had a falling out with a freelancer on a very large and/or longterm contract. 

It is very low and I'd proceed with caution. If there are several poor outcomes in their history (paying particular attention to the feedback the client left to their freelancers) I'd likely pass.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jazmine C wrote:

It is wise to proceed with caution. You might run into different problems, not only trouble getting paid, the client might be difficult and unpleasant to work with, try to extend the work without paying more, etc. Many people have ignored bad feedback and regretted it, and it is safe to never assume that your experience will be different from the other freelancer's experiences. A great client might have a bad experience with a freelancer, and vice versa, but that should be the exception. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members