🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is there a way to ask questions without accep...
Page options
tkurosaka2
Community Member

Is there a way to ask questions without accepting for interview or making a proposal?

Often times, clients post jobs that are vague and don't have enough information to bid. Or I get invitations with vague description. For example, a translation project that does not indicates the volume  of the material to translate (in terms of number of words). 

I have been applying to those using my connections, or accepting invites, in order to ask questions to understand what they are asking to do, but is there any other way that I don't know? 

I wish upwork have a way to ask questions in public (like as comments on facebook posts, visible to all freelancers).

3 REPLIES 3
data_divas
Community Member

Short answer is no.  Your options are to ignore jobs without enough information or use your proposal to show interest in the client's job by asking pointed questions.

Sometimes bringing up issues the client hasn't thought about will show them you know your skill well and will do a thoughtful job on their project.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is there a way to ask questions without accepting for interview"

Um... Accepting an interview doesn't cost anything. It doesn't obligate you to do anything.

When a client sends you an invite, it doesn't even have to be considered an "interview."

You can simply use the message room that is created to ask your questions.

If you are a freelancer and you receive an invitation to interview, you can accept, and it doesn't cost you anything, not even connects.

If you are a client, and you want to talk to a freelancer, you can send a freelancer a private invite to a job proposal for free. It doesn't obligate you to anything.

If you are a freelancer who wants to ask a client about a job, and you have never worked for that client before, then you can send a proposal and ask whateve questions you want to ask as part of the proposal. This does NOT MEAN that you are obligated to take the job. Doing this will cost connects. But there's no obligation implied.

Community Member

How to write a cover letter on this subject 'Bootstrap HTML Developer'? I am fresher on upwork so please let me know how to write cover letter.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members