🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Is there a way to block clients?
Page options
simplysolve
Community Member

Is there a way to block clients?

Hi,

Is there a way to block clients? By "block", I mean "to not see their job listings". If not, I would like to propose this as a feature suggestion.

I am seeing clients with like $3 average hourly rate paid, and they are from the richest country in the world too. I know there are people who has to work and supply for them or their families and would "have to " work for that rate, but I personally think people like those clients, who to me are the real cause of most of the world's problems, should really not exist and I don't want to ever see any of their job listings. I would be ashamed, if I paid someone, no matter from where they are, $3/hr, for web design and development work.

Wondering what fellow freelancers think on the subject. Regardless of my reasoning, would you like an option to block clients?

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nail,

Even though there is an option to block the client in Messages, it's not possible to hide their jobs from the job feed. I'll share your suggestion with the team for consideration.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
66ecf5bc
Community Member

Hi Nail Y,

I am sorry to hear that you faced such an inconvenience on this platform. Of course, there is an option to block clients from messages but why you insist on hiding their jobs too. Too low hourly rate is actually a devaluation of freelance work and the freelancer too. Just block them and don't bother at all. As there are good-paying clients too. May you enjoy endless achievements.

Thanks

Naheedmir

https://www.coupongot.com/

Naheed M wrote:

Hi Nail Y,

I am sorry to hear that you faced such an inconvenience on this platform. Of course, there is an option to block clients from messages but why you insist on hiding their jobs too. Too low hourly rate is actually a devaluation of freelance work and the freelancer too. Just block them and don't bother at all. As there are good-paying clients too. May you enjoy endless achievements.

Thanks

Naheedmir

Upwork, please give us a way to block (filter out) the forum posts of specific freelancers.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members