cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to delete messages?

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
11 of 18

On the far left side of the screen, mouse over the clients name. You should then see a "circle" to the right of their name.

Click on that and you have the option to "hide"

Lorraine C Member Since: May 1, 2017
12 of 18

This should be easier and yes we should be able to delete them. To Select ALL at least to hide/delete!

Community Guru
Cairenn R Member Since: Aug 19, 2015
13 of 18

There needs to be a Delete button. 

Case in point: the project I refused and the guy decided to track me offsite and harass me. I do not want his messages ANYWHERE in my account.

Hiding and blocking are not enough. A Delete button is a no-brainer.  

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
14 of 18

@cairenn R wrote:

There needs to be a Delete button. 

Case in point: the project I refused and the guy decided to track me offsite and harass me. I do not want his messages ANYWHERE in my account.

Hiding and blocking are not enough. A Delete button is a no-brainer.  

The messages must stay on the system so there can be no delete button.

The hide button basically it no different than a delete button. You do not see the client or the messages again unless you search for them.

Easy peasy! 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 18

Hi Collin and others,

There is an option to hide a room. In order to do it, you need to hover your mouse over the name of the room on the left panel and then click on the (...) icon. 

Also you can delete your own individual messages by clicking on the cog wheel next to the message.

Screenshot_5.png

We currently have a bug that causes rooms for invitations (even declined ones) to appear in your Messages. This should be fixed this month.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Collin D Member Since: Jul 3, 2015
16 of 18

Thanks for your help.

The large number of double-messages is exactly what I was referring to. Glad to know it's a bug and not something that Upwork actually thought was helpful!

Shelly F Member Since: Mar 19, 2019
17 of 18

The problem is not fixed , two years later. delete button should appear, the hide button only hide temporarily until the person messages again. So it is not efficient.

Rhett A Member Since: Jul 19, 2016
18 of 18
Not helpful.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS