cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to download the message Log?

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
11 of 24

@Goran V wrote:

unfortunately we don`t have a plan to implement this type of a feature in the near future. Thank you!

Goran, please send a note to the team telling them that they really need to add this.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
David G Member Since: Aug 16, 2018
12 of 24

This is ridiculoussituation,  trying to go back to find past messages and very necessary to have a solution.  what is going to happen in a year or two.  We are struggling to go back now.  

Cormac M Member Since: Aug 28, 2017
13 of 24

I find myself going back to look at the log from a project completed a year ago.  This is ridiculous that this feature has not yet been implemented.  I'm sure it is for some commericial reason, maybe to lock in buyers??  But it is more likely to upset them so much that they will go to another platform.  Not professional Upwork!!

Bud B Member Since: Dec 30, 2018
14 of 24

Don’t be sorry, do something about it! There are so many apps out there that allows this functionality with other websites  like Upwork!

Seriously! Scroll up and down of 12  months chats’ history of million words,
 good luck!!!

Ben H Member Since: Jan 19, 2019
15 of 24

I agre with everyone else here, please can you guys add the ability to download the message log, it's infurriating to have to scroll back through messages at asnails pace as the window refreshes the messages.

Job conversations need to be referenced to see what was said about things!

Thanks

Ben

James W Member Since: Oct 13, 2018
16 of 24

Upwork, please implement one of the following two features:

A) Provide a search capability for past conversations

OR

B) Provide a means to download conversation history

Your chat system is completely useless to me without one of these two features. I will always need to move the conversation to a REAL chat platform like Slack.

It's a real shame that you've ignored this feature for so long. It's almost as if you WANT users to avoid your chat platform, so that you won't be required to provide dispute remediation! Real shady business tactics if you ask me.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
17 of 24

@James W wrote:

Upwork, please implement one of the following two features:

A) Provide a search capability for past conversations

What is wrong with the Search function that is right on the Messages page? It works fine.

Alternatively you find the messages via the contract page itself

Doneyn B Member Since: Sep 28, 2018
18 of 24

When you have an ongoing job ... say for months on end ... Do you really want to have to scroll back thru say from 3 months past to find an answer to a reply that you had asked before?, or look at a downloaded photo from before ...

Just having to go back thru for a couple of days is slowed, takes forever .. and it's a hassle!

Smiley Happy 

Walter H Member Since: Nov 13, 2018
19 of 24

I agree. The inability to download conversation threads in Upwork is a major platform flaw.

Don M Member Since: Apr 24, 2016
20 of 24

Aug-17 2016. Hey that is over 2 years since I started this thread, and zero has happened.

Fortunately, I got a free lancer that did the job for me at a reasonable price, but I doubt if I would select Upwork for my next job. if this is their attitude.

No log at all on this sort of work? Very unprofessional.

Cheers Don...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS