🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Is there a way to filter out jobs that ha...
Page options
c8559fe2
Community Member

Is there a way to filter out jobs that have already been filled?

I find the job searching very frustrating. Jobs appear even though they have already hired for the position.

I also frequently see job posts with next to no information about what is required for the role and the only way I can hope to find out is to waste my connects. Could there be an option for 'questions about the position' be added?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for clarifying, Richard. 

Please know that some clients would like to hire more than one freelancer for their project that is why you see a few job posts that have already hired a freelance but are still open and accepting more proposals.

We do try to make sure that we remind clients to update their job post if they are no longer in need to hire more freelancers, or if they have decided to complete their project in a different way. 

Our team is always working to improve the search filters, so I've taken this question as a suggestion and have shared it with the team for review. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Richard,

Thanks for reaching out. Jobs, where you have already submitted a proposal, will have a tag that says you have already applied. You might want to check out this help article for more information on how you can adjust your search and filters.

~ Joanne
Upwork
c8559fe2
Community Member

Thanks for the reply, I don't mean filtering out jobs I've applied for. I mean filtering out jobs that the client has already hired for. (the position has been filled)

I tried the advanced search but if I use "NOT Hires" it still shows the same jobs I don't want to see. Clients after a single freelancer with no intention to hire.

Thanks for clarifying, Richard. 

Please know that some clients would like to hire more than one freelancer for their project that is why you see a few job posts that have already hired a freelance but are still open and accepting more proposals.

We do try to make sure that we remind clients to update their job post if they are no longer in need to hire more freelancers, or if they have decided to complete their project in a different way. 

Our team is always working to improve the search filters, so I've taken this question as a suggestion and have shared it with the team for review. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
c8559fe2
Community Member

Thanks Joanne, that does make sense. I will try using the filters more as suggested too.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths