cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to find works aimed to agencies, not individual freelancers?

Dmitri H Member Since: Feb 4, 2015
1 of 4

Hi, folks! I've run out of applications on my account and can't apply to jobs on my own behalf no more. There are, however, some percentage of jobs out here allowed for agencies. I can apply to those jobs on behalf of one of my agency contractors. But how to sort the search of jobs outcome to see only those jobs allowed for agencies?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Dmitri,

Clients do not have an option to specify whether they want to hire agency or independent freelancers, so anybody is free to apply for a public job. However, the client can see in the applicants list whether a freelancer is a member of an agency or not.

Also, make sure that even if you apply on behalf of your agency freelancer, he has to be the person who then gets the contract and does the work.

I hope this helps and best of luck!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
3 of 4

@Valeria K wrote:

Clients do not have an option to specify whether they want to hire agency or independent freelancers, so anybody is free to apply for a public job. However, the client can see in the applicants list whether a freelancer is a member of an agency or not.

Valeria, when I post a job, I do have the option to specify what type of freelancer I want to hire (independent or agency) - see screenshot. oDesk never respected the selection when presenting the freelancers that applied, but the option does exist, no?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Krisztina,

I apologize for my confusion and mistake. You are correct, clients can specify their preferences about agency or independent freelancer.

Thank you very much for clarifying.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS