Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Is there a way to get a document from Upwork with the date of my registration ?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Anton F Member Since: Jun 15, 2015
1 of 8

I need something to prove date of registration on Upwork (Obviously I deleted the e-mail, which I got 5 years ago), is there a way to get it except of Certificate of Earnings? Maybe support could resend initial email or provide a document which proves my sign up date?

Highlighted
Moderator
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 8

Hi Anton,

 

Your date of registration is listed on your Certificate of Earnings, unfortunately we don't provide any additional documents. Thank you.


Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 8

Anton F wrote:

I need something to prove date of registration on Upwork


What for?

 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Sebastian Renato S Member Since: Jul 7, 2017
4 of 8

Petra R wrote:

Anton F wrote:

I need something to prove date of registration on Upwork


What for?

 


Lately I saw lots of questions around this subject, users asking the dates, but no idea why all this started suddenly. I probably need to read the news more often, I might have missed something.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 8

Sebastian Renato S wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Anton F wrote:

I need something to prove date of registration on Upwork


What for?

 


Lately I saw lots of questions around this subject, users asking the dates, but no idea why all this started suddenly. I probably need to read the news more often, I might have missed something.


I have a pretty likely theory...

I think Upwork should pay very close attention to those accounts...

 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Anton F Member Since: Jun 15, 2015
6 of 8

Lol, this is needed for legal purposes.

What is your theory?
And why Upwork should look for such accounts?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 8

Anton F wrote:

Lol, this is needed for legal purposes.


Such as? Which possible "legal purpose" would be served by a date of registration on a website?

 


Anton F wrote:


What is your theory?
And why Upwork should look for such accounts?


I'd be super stupid to publicly give people ideas of how they could get up to no good with their Upwork profiles.

 

I'm not (super stupid.)

 

 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Anton F Member Since: Jun 15, 2015
8 of 8

> Such as? Which possible "legal purpose" would be served by a date of registration on a website?
Come to Russia and ask our banks, why they need this Smiley Very Happy

>I'd be super stupid to publicly give people ideas of how they could get up to no good with their Upwork profiles.
I am not sure what did you mean, also I don't know why conversation continues when my question was already answered by trustworthy source(Moderator). 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS