🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is there a way to link directly to a SPECIFIC...
Page options
kelly_e
Community Member

Is there a way to link directly to a SPECIFIC feedback?

When submitting a proposal, I would like to be able to say, "and I recently did a very similar project, check out this client's happy feedback" where this client's happy feedback is a link right to that, most relevant, feedback, not to everything.

Is there a way to do this that I'm not spotting?

If not, I'd love it if that went onto UpWork's to-do list for sometime soon.  🙂

4 REPLIES 4
AndreaG

Hi Kelly, this is a great idea! 

I'm thinking you could link the portfolio item to the contract you want to share and then share the link to the portfolio item. That way, the client can see both the work you did and your client's feedback! 

Where possible, you can link portfolio items to past Upwork contracts. These items will be displayed more prominently and help build your credibility in the marketplace. We’ll automatically email the client when a portfolio item has been linked, giving them three days to reject it before the item will be publicly linked to their history.

~Andrea
Upwork
kelly_e
Community Member

Sorry, Andrea, I don't think I understand you. I'm wanting to provide a link to a previous client's feedback [e.g. a link to where they said "Kelly is so fantastic; loved working with her"], within a new proposal (i.e. a response to a job listing).

Portfolio item? Not sure you're responding to what I'm asking? or else I just don't get it.

I'm sorry if that was confusing, Kelly, let me explain further. When creating a portfolio item, you have the ability to link the corresponding contract to it here. If you do this, then the feedback for that contract will show when a client visits that portfolio item, like this. You can then use this button right here to copy a link to this page and share it with your client. 

I know this is a bit of a workaround, but this would allow you to share a link that takes your potential client directly to your past project and its feedback. Currently, you can only share feedback by itself via LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook, see here for more info. 

I understand what you're suggesting is a bit different, we appreciate your feedback and will be sure to pass it on to the team for review!

~Andrea
Upwork
kelly_e
Community Member

Of course, if you haven't created a portfolio item, that's not useful... and even if you have, then instead of linking to *the feedback,* this just creates a different thing the prospective client has to wade through.

So the answer to can it be done, is No.

Thanks for passing the idea on, Andrea. I look forward to an update.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members