cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to permanently delete messages in both App and Desktop?

Highlighted
Jasmine S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 3

I absolutely hate that I can't delete messages!! Hiding them doesn't help because after a month or so all the messages return back and I have to waste hours hiding message I've received since 2007 when I signed up which is literally hundreds of messages which is ridiculous. Also, the app is the most useless app ever that I can't do anything on it. Just send and receive proposals. I can't even edit any settings.

Pls has somebody discovered a way to delete messages on here because support sucks as they either don't respond or they just say they are working on it which they haven't. I'm getting so frustrated and annoyed that every month I have to waste hours deleting messages.  If anyone has something, anything to help me with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 3

Hi Jasmine, 

I'm sorry learn about your experience. I wanted to check the process in which you were trying to hide your messages. Did you click on the button as shown on my screengrab, and click on the option to hide the message room? 

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 2.01.30 PM.png

Also, I wanted to clarify what settings you were trying to edit while you were on the Upwork Mobile App? 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
3 of 3

Avery O wrote:

Hi Jasmine, 

I'm sorry learn about your experience. I wanted to check the process in which you were trying to hide your messages. Did you click on the button as shown on my screengrab, and click on the option to hide the message room? 

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 2.01.30 PM.png

Also, I wanted to clarify what settings you were trying to edit while you were on the Upwork Mobile App? 

Clarify all you want. Hiding messages doesn't work and never has. Inevitably, they reappear out of the ether at random times.

Simply delete them already!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS