cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to permanently delete messages in both App and Desktop?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 16

Steven E. L wrote:

Pursuant to the explanation of design intent offered by Upwork Help Center, that is not intended behavior. It is a BUG.

There is a difference?

bug.jpg

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
12 of 16

Yup. Not only do I have a conversation that refuses to die, it insists on showing itself and taking over the messaging space every time I log in. Reported. Appeared to be fixed. Reappeared. I give up, except to point out this is a real thing that really happens to more than one real user.

Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
13 of 16

Upwork Help Center wrote:

With regard to the other rooms that were reopened, if possible, kindly send us a video if it happens again more recently and let us know of the date/ time of the incident so we can have our Engineers review it again.

For those of you experiencing the random opening of chat rooms and ghost messages, please submit your videos.

Be sure to include the date and time of the incident since apparently reporting it the same day isn't sufficient information to track down the issue.

I'd like to ask for some help from the Community:

• Can someone please explain to me how to record a video of a background task that runs automatically while I'm offline? I can't figure out how to do it ...

As an update, the ticket was closed.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
14 of 16

Steven E. L wrote:

Upwork Help Center wrote:

With regard to the other rooms that were reopened, if possible, kindly send us a video if it happens again more recently and let us know of the date/ time of the incident so we can have our Engineers review it again.

For those of you experiencing the random opening of chat rooms and ghost messages, please submit your videos.

Be sure to include the date and time of the incident since apparently reporting it the same day isn't sufficient information to track down the issue.

I'd like to ask for some help from the Community:

• Can someone please explain to me how to record a video of a background task that runs automatically while I'm offline? I can't figure out how to do it ...

As an update, the ticket was closed.

It's unbelievable. Not only that they have to see a video, but that they expect us to be able to do this. Yeah, please explain. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't know the first thing about how to do a video; and even if I knew how to that, be there right at the exact time it's happening. Seriously?  Smiley Frustrated

This issue had been reported for years and years. Why can't you set up fake jobs and messages rooms and do testing and videos yourself?  Then you'll see quite easily what we've been complaining about.

Why should this be on us? Geez.

Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
15 of 16

Making a video isn't the challenging part for me. It's how to do so while my computer is turned off Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
16 of 16

Steven E. L wrote:

Making a video isn't the challenging part for me. It's how to do so while my computer is turned off Smiley Happy

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. And message rooms reappearing happen all the time, not just when a computer is turned off.

These are not issues Upwork should be asking freelancers to help with, by making videos no less; requests like this really make me wonder about the "engineers" Upwork uses.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS