🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: To Upwork Can't Flag Job
Page options
the-right-writer
Community Member

Is there a way to report a serious violation on the forum?

I discovered an ad in the writing category that is so egregious I feel it requires immediate attention. I did flag the job earlier, but I know it can take a while to go through the system. I'm not sure how much I am allowed to use here but I will post what I can. Thank You!

**edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you Avery. I understand the flagging option and I used it twice today. I was trying to determine if there was any way of notifying Upwork in any other way for what could be an extremely dangerous situation.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
nyonomega0
Community Member

It seriously had 5-10 proposals?!

Just flag the posting as inappropriate and it should be removed by Upwork.

As of writing this, the job has been live for 10 hours and more but still hasn't been removed by Upwork.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeanne, 

In the future, you may follow the steps in this article to report suspicious activity in the Upwork marketplace. 

I have forwarded this job post to the team for review and action. Thank you for flagging it here. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you Avery. I understand the flagging option and I used it twice today. I was trying to determine if there was any way of notifying Upwork in any other way for what could be an extremely dangerous situation.

the-right-writer
Community Member

Attention CS: Another one I can't flag

Hi Jeanne, 

I can confirm that both job posts that you shared are no longer available in the marketplace and actions have been taken against both clients.

Thank you for helping keep the marketplace safe. 

~ Avery
Upwork
the-right-writer
Community Member

Attention CS: Here is another job that has contact information. I can't flag the post because it is listed as private.

the-right-writer
Community Member

I cannot flag this job post because it was by private invitation. It contains contact information outside of Upwork. I have flagged dozens of these posts for using Telegram but they keep on coming.

You can block future invitations from this one client, but that will only block them, not others, obviously. Since you can't find out how to flag them on the invite, at least you reported it here, which might help. Doubtful though as like you said, these are going to keep coming even after we flag them because Upwork is unable to stop them. If they were able to, we wouldn't be seeing them constantly filling our feeds and reading about the poor people who fall victim to them by being unwary and believing Upwork will protect them.

Hi Jeanne, 

I have reported it to the team, and they will review the client's account and job post. 

Thank you for helping keep the Upwork marketplace safe!

~ Avery
Upwork
the-right-writer
Community Member

I am unable to flag this job because it is a private listing. The post contains contact information.

Hi Jeanne,

Thank you for reporting this to us. I will forward this to the relevant team to review and take action if appropriate. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

I deleted this because I didn't read the OP's post correctly. Sorry Jeanne! 

the-right-writer
Community Member

Here is another post that needs to be removed. I cannot flag it because it is a private job. Thank you.

**edited for
Community Guidelines**

Hi Jeanne,

Thank you for your message. I will forward this job to the relevant team to review and take action as defined in our TOS. I do appreciate your effort in highlighting this to us. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
ea871ddc
Community Member

There's too many of them on Upwork, that's how they're still scamming people. Company name, **Edited for Community Guidelines**. That's the attachment they're sending via emails. Be careful people. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Luchme,

I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members