🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is there a way to track new job posts offline...
Page options
kirnazdogan
Community Member

Is there a way to track new job posts offline?

I have always wondered,

Are all freelancers looking at the computer or phone for hours to see a new job post like me?

Me: 

waiting....png

For example, can I get a notification if there is a new job posted when I'm offline? Or the only way is to stare at my computer until I see the following message?

message.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
pudingstudio
Community Member

Dogan K wrote:

I have always wondered,

Are all freelancers looking at the computer or phone for hours to see a new job post like me?

Me: 

waiting....png

For example, can I get a notification if there is a new job posted when I'm offline? Or the only way is to stare at my computer until I see the following message?

message.jpg

Your PC/phone would go insane if you were to get those notifications, right?
New jobs appear too often?

Apart from staring at the screen for hours, for me also works clicking on "load more jobs" multiple times (I don't have 'trouble' of not being among first to send proposal) to check on what I might have missed.

researchediting
Community Member

Staring at/waiting for a computer is virtually never a good idea. (Ditto your phone, for that matter.)

If you don't like the interface here, you can set up an RSS feed somewhere.

If your business model depends on being first(ish) to bid, you may want to reconsider. My impression is that's a mug's game.

Douglas Michael M wrote:

Staring at/waiting for a computer is virtually never a good idea. (Ditto your phone, for that matter.)

If you don't like the interface here, you can set up an RSS feed somewhere.

If your business model depends on being first(ish) to bid, you may want to reconsider. My impression is that's a mug's game.

"Staring at" and "waiting for" are too different in THIS case, I think.
"Staring at" doesn't imply passiveness, even though it sounds like so.

Just reacting to that part, difference (in this case!) between 'waiting for' and 'staring at'.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths