Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an Upworks Freelancer Support?

mfertma
Michael F Member Since: Sep 5, 2017
1 of 13

Hi,

Is there a support email address for specific, account related questions for freelancers?

Catalant and Sparehire have a way to ask questions that are not in public view.

These are questions about payments that only an employee can answer -- e.g. "Upwork's system says payment was released to my bank, but 24 hours later it hasn't gone in. Can we verify the account number?" This, of course, happens to be the question.

Thanks,

Mike

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 13

A moderator will come along before long and assist you, but generally in the situation you describe, the response is that they don't trace transactions until 8 business days have passed. 

If this is your first bank transfer and you need to check the account number, I'd assume that's different, but it usually takes 2-3 days, depending on your bank. It's not at all out of the ordinary that it isn't showing up after 24 hours.

mfertma
3 of 13

Thanks. 

The broader question I have is this:

Does Upwork have a customer service department for freelancers? And how do we contact them directly?

tlsanders
Community Guru
4 of 13

@Michael F wrote:

Thanks. 

The broader question I have is this:

Does Upwork have a customer service department for freelancers? And how do we contact them directly?

If you're new, you probably can't. Support options are tiered, and a lot of people don't have direct access. But, a moderator will have support contact you if necessary.

mfertma
5 of 13

Thanks,

Do you know where I would find the tiered service levels? 

Mike

iamchunchunchun
Community Guru
Hiu Chun L Member Since: Jul 27, 2017
6 of 13

In my case, it takes four business days for the fund to appear in my bank account in Hong Kong.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 13

there is a 5 day security period

go to reports --> overview and it will tell you when the money is available.

mfertma
8 of 13

The security period is over:

Hi Michael,

As per your payment schedule, we have initiated payment of $___.00 from Upwork via ACH bank account.

Contact Support if this payment was not authorized.

ACH shouldn't take days... it doesn't make sense.

Again, my bigger qeustion is, does anybody know the support email address for upwork? 

tlsanders
Community Guru
9 of 13

@Michael F wrote:

The security period is over:

Hi Michael,

As per your payment schedule, we have initiated payment of $___.00 from Upwork via ACH bank account.

Contact Support if this payment was not authorized.

Usual time for crediting is 2-3 days after that. Occasionally it is next business day, but not often. If you're outside the U.S. it may be longer.

ACH shouldn't take days... it doesn't make sense.

Okay. Still, that's how it works. 

Again, my bigger qeustion is, does anybody know the support email address for upwork? 

As I responded above, freelancer access to/options for support vary. Check this page https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us and see if you have a green "get help" button on the right. If so, click it and see where it takes you. It's different for different people, so no one can give you the link/number/chat option you're looking for.

mfertma
10 of 13

Thank You!! Yes, that's what I needed.

And, now that I know it takes 3 days to deposit after the 5 days to review I'll be more patient :-).

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS