🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is there an issue with manual time today?
Page options
atreglia
Community Member

Is there an issue with manual time today?

I submitted time for a few hours this morning, and it's not showing anywhere.  Kindly do not ask me to clear my cache.  Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
petra_r
Community Member

Anna T wrote:

I submitted time for a few hours this morning, and it's not showing anywhere.

Did you check the actual work diary?

If not: Whenever that happens to me I find the hours in a different contract.

atreglia
Community Member

Thanks Petra, 

But no, I made sure I had the right contract. 

I made that mistake once, how embarrassing.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anna,

If you try to add manual time for the same contract and under the same time frame, do you experience any issues?

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
atreglia
Community Member

I'm unable to bill manual time.

Initially the client did not have manual time allowable.

However, I requested it and messaged him and apparently he changed it because I submitted a few hours this morning (6-9am eastern time) and it worked fine.

It shows nothing now and is back to manual time not allowed.

I hate to keep bugging the client if it is not an error in their end.

Contract ID: 30088045

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, Anna.

I checked the contract you're referring to and adding manual time is disallowed on it. Please follow up with the client so they can allow adding manual time for this contact. If they have any issues with this process, we'll have our support team assist them. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
atreglia
Community Member

Bojan, 

I'm aware the client was not allowing manual time. 

-I requested and received approval for manual time this morning. 

-I submitted a few hours and it went through successfully. 

-Because it's not showing up in my work diary, and at your request, I've requested manual time approval again and resubmitted.  

-See the screen shot below for the error message telling me I've already submitted.

So, apparently, there's an issue.  Let me know if you need anything else.  Thanks.

ETA: Screen shot of the diary showing it is empty after trying two times to submit.

Hi Anna,

Thank you for clarifying. I've shared the details of the issue you're currently experiencing with the Customer Support Team and one of their members will be reaching out to you shortly via a support ticket to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
atreglia
Community Member

Just a follow-up: It turns out I entered the hours on another contract with a similar name; **Edited for Community Guidelines**.  It would have been nice had the error message included which contact I had submitted time for.  At the very least it could have said "You already logged time on another contract for the selected period".  SMH at the amount of staff time spent researching this for me and for all the others who have made the same mistake -- easily avoidable with a more specific error message.

petra_r
Community Member

Anna T wrote:

Just a follow-up: It turns out I entered the hours on another contract with a similar name;

I thought so...

Been there, done it.

chillynguyen
Community Member

I think you have 2 options:

1. Communicate with the client to check and if it doesn't show in their side either, how about resubmit them?

2. Contact the support.

Hi Nhu Nhu, 

The client approved manual time-twice.... and I've tried submitting my time twice.  It went through the first time but my diary was still empty.  When I resubmit the time it gets rejected for duplication.  The diary is still empty.  Grrrrrr.

02d3e798
Community Member

Maybe log out then log back in. It may be in the system but you just can't see it as your display is not updating.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths