cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there another way to request support like a phone or chat ?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Isaac N Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
1 of 13

Hi,

Is there another way to request support like a phone or chat  in upwork ?

Highlighted
Community Leader
Mikila S Member Since: Sep 12, 2015
2 of 13

Yes. https://support.upwork.com/home?flash_digest=3ab59935b4941a114285a91782123a89b56082fc

Options for phone/chat are on the right-hand side of this link.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3 of 13

I dont see chat or phone!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 13

Not everyone has access to phone support or chat support.

Why don't you just raise a ticket and / or ask your question in the forum if it isn't anything particularly personal?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 13

Isaac,

Thanks for your question.

It is important to understand that providing phone and chat support is very expensive and Upwork would not make any money at all and would go out of business if it provided these levels of support to everybody who wanted it. You can't just have people calling up on the phone every time they have a question. Very few companies allow that.

No offense meant to you. The numbers just don't work out.

So Petra is completely right. EVERYBODY has support options: opening a ticket using the available support ticket system, or asking questions and asking for help in the Community Forum.

Phone and live chat support is only available to some people, and it is not available all the time. The availability actually fluctates at various times, based on demand and based on the customer type (client/contractor, region, etc.).

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
6 of 13

It is becuse there are some cases need urgent support and replay to support ticket is slow most of the time and there was chat support a time ago when the site called odesk.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
7 of 13

Anyway I just hope for an option to get fast support when my account is hacked or unauthorized wire transfer happean.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
8 of 13

Isaac,

In cases like this, it is often faster to come to the Community Form and provide a concise but understandable description of your situation.

Forum Moderators can often elevate urgent cases like this to the right people internally who can address you situation.

And it can't hurt to do this. You can provide a description of your situation which will make it clear how urgent the situation is. It is not necessary to provide specific details (like bank account numbers) in order to tell your story.

There is not a separate customer support system for reporting urgent situations.

So if you have an urgent case, such as your financial accounts being hacked, you would need to use the same ticketing system used by newbie contractors who want to ask "How do I get my first job?", or clueless Upwork users who want to contact customer support to complain "I don't like the name Upwork. I think you should change your company's name."

When you report an urgent situation using the ticketing system, the details you share with customer support are likely to be read by somebody with limited English language experience who will attempt to identify a few key words and choose, as a response, a number of preset responses. So you may need to be patient if you use Customer Support, as it can take anywhere between a few days to a month or more to resolve complicated issues.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
9 of 13

Ok Preston I will use the forum.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 13

Hi Isaac,

The funds were sent to your withdrawal method because it's been more than 180 days since they became available on your Upwork account. Upwork is not able to hold funds for more than 180 days.

Please, see the reponse provided through the ticket for more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS