cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there another way to request support like a phone or chat ?

izac
Ace Contributor

Hi,

Is there another way to request support like a phone or chat  in upwork ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Isaac,

In cases like this, it is often faster to come to the Community Form and provide a concise but understandable description of your situation.

Forum Moderators can often elevate urgent cases like this to the right people internally who can address you situation.

And it can't hurt to do this. You can provide a description of your situation which will make it clear how urgent the situation is. It is not necessary to provide specific details (like bank account numbers) in order to tell your story.

There is not a separate customer support system for reporting urgent situations.

So if you have an urgent case, such as your financial accounts being hacked, you would need to use the same ticketing system used by newbie contractors who want to ask "How do I get my first job?", or clueless Upwork users who want to contact customer support to complain "I don't like the name Upwork. I think you should change your company's name."

When you report an urgent situation using the ticketing system, the details you share with customer support are likely to be read by somebody with limited English language experience who will attempt to identify a few key words and choose, as a response, a number of preset responses. So you may need to be patient if you use Customer Support, as it can take anywhere between a few days to a month or more to resolve complicated issues.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS