🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is there any SEO expert available to go throu...
Page options
ryanstua
Community Member

Is there any SEO expert available to go through a recent project that ended badly?

I was delighted to get my first contract and put a lot of effort into what I though the client was after. My first task was to create 100 keyword/phrases and placements on a website. having reviewed the website I struggled to find ways to incorporate keywords and phrases into the content since the site doesn't really have any. I then struggled to communicate SEO is as much about rich content as about having good semantics. 

After ping ponging emails and attemps backwards and forwards and putting ~ 10 hours into this the contact was ended. 

I would like for someone to review my efforts and let me know what I could have done better. 

I appreciate any support anyone can give.

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

If you want to hire an SEO expert, you would do so using the main site at Upwork.com.

This is the Community Forum. So it is not the correct place for that.

Having said that, the Forum is a fairly free-flowing place, and I do not believe your post violates Forum rules. If other Forum participants want to offer opinions or advice in response to your post, I do not think their posts will be deleted.

Hi I'm not hiring. Not sure if my post wasn't clear enough but I'm looking for someone to help review my work so I can learn from what ever mistakes I made.

It is a violation of Upwork ToS for clients to ask freelancers to work for free.

I mention this as a general observation and not as a response to anything in this thread.

schardo
Community Member

Honestly, you probably don't need an SEO expert. You just need to learn how to freelance. 

Figuring out what clients actually want is half the battle. Or, most of the battle, sometimes. 

Try to figure out where you went wrong *from the client's perspective* (whether or not they were actually right doesn't matter). Learn from your mistakes, and try not to do them again. 

As a relative newbie myself, I don't usually give advice, but I was pretty good at making newbie mistakes. And they had nothing to do with my actual craft, and everything to do with the client relationship. 

ryanstua
Community Member

Good advice - Client gave feedback that I didn't follow instructions.  Very frustrating in the sense that had client listened to what I was saying we'd have accomplished the overall project very quickly. A very big disconnect in that he had an idea of what he wanted but what he wanted didn't make any sense in the scheme of things. How would you battle that? 

Really annoyed about that feedback and it's completely the opposite to what my colleagues have written about me on my linkedin profile. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members