🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is there any fee when I refund an amount?
Page options
arehmanafaz
Community Member

Is there any fee when I refund an amount?

HI Guys,

So there was some misunderstanding between me and my client and I got some bucks which were not supposed to. Now I want to refund him. How much amount do I refund? Like the original amount that came to me was $308 without Upwork fee I think the fee they deducted was $15.42. Now how much should I refund? Will it be 308 - 15.42?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jalal Uddin A wrote:

You have to refund the amount you got from your end. Upwork will handle the fees from their end.

Wrong. That way the client would get the wrong amount back.

He has to refund the exact amount the client paid.

Please please please do not try to give advice when you have no clue what you are talking about.

Say the client paid $ 500 - that means the freelancer got $ 400.

The amount to refund would have to be $ 500, not $ 400 - because Upwork will then give the client their $ 500 back and give the freelancer their $ 100 fee back, too.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Abdul R wrote:

HI Guys,

So there was some misunderstanding between me and my client and I got some bucks which were not supposed to. Now I want to refund him. How much amount do I refund? Like the original amount that came to me was $308 without Upwork fee I think the fee they deducted was $15.42. Now how much should I refund? Will it be 308 - 15.42?

Ignore the fee completely. If the client should have  50 back, send back 50, Upwork sorts the refund of the fee out automatically.

sany_ahmed
Community Member

You have to refund the amount you got from your end. Upwork will handle the fees from their end.

Jalal Uddin A wrote:

Wrong. That way the client would get the wrong amount back.

He has to refund the exact amount the client paid.

Please please please do not try to give advice when you have no clue what you are talking about.

Say the client paid $ 500 - that means the freelancer got $ 400.

The amount to refund would have to be $ 500, not $ 400 - because Upwork will then give the client their $ 500 back and give the freelancer their $ 100 fee back, too.

Great, thanks Petra. You are one gem of a person always helping.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members