🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Is there any justice for us the freelance...
Page options
cholakovm
Community Member

Is there any justice for us the freelancers?

I have a problem with the client...

This is the second time we have collaborated (the first time was successful with (5)***** rating)

We communicate via WhatsApp, but when it comes to payment we use upwork!

He sent me a contract and I accepted it, after a while he changed his mind because he wanted me to send him the project by e-mail first and he would pay me ... I didn't agree with that (because I had a bad experience before). I told him I would send them to the upwork (like last time), but he didn't agree and now he has canceled the project and wants me to return the money. (fixed price, money is on Escrow)

If I win the dispute according to this project, will he have an opportynity to give a bad rating to me?

3 REPLIES 3
jaybopp82
Community Member

If money is paid to you, yes he can leave feedback.  If you refund all the money, you won't receive any feedback from him.  I recommend taking the bad feedback.  Loosing your time and money is not worth a bad report on your profile.  It will go away eventually.

lysis10
Community Member

Mite C wrote:

I have a problem with the client...

This is the second time we have collaborated (the first time was successful with (5)***** rating)

We communicate via WhatsApp, but when it comes to payment we use upwork!

He sent me a contract and I accepted it, after a while he changed his mind because he wanted me to send him the project by e-mail first and he would pay me ... I didn't agree with that (because I had a bad experience before). I told him I would send them to the upwork (like last time), but he didn't agree and now he has canceled the project and wants me to return the money. (fixed price, money is on Escrow)

If I win the dispute according to this project, will he have an opportynity to give a bad rating to me?

If he cancelled the contract and asked for a refund, he's already rated you so what you do doesn't matter if you are worried about a dispute affecting JSS. You might as well go ahead and try to get some money out of it.

yes, he canceled the contract and sent me a request for a refund...

I lost 2 hours for his document! Someone can rate you badly even though you didn’t deserve it!

Where is justice here?

*Is not much money in question, I'm more worried about my rating (JSS).

What advice would you give me (to get his money back or?)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths