cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any rules for clients to renew the contract periodically?

Ace Contributor
Sultan M Member Since: Mar 11, 2015
1 of 4

Is there any rules which force the clients to renew the contract periodically? however there work is on going.

It is too much difficult for freelancer to ask the client to renew the contract. Due some mishape in the end of any long term contract ruin the future of freelance.

Example:-

A contract has 3 years (let suppose) (3 X 12 X 1000 $= 36000 $)

2 years and 11 months were too much good. (35 X 1000$ = 35000 $)

0 Year and 1 month was not good. (1 X 1000 $ = 1000 $)

Due to last month problems clients will give the bad feedback as low as 1 star, You can imagine that it will not so good feelings (insecurity) of odesk due to such issues.

36000 $ X 1 star will result the over all results and feedback score of freelancer.

Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

In this type of case I ask clients to end a contract and create a new one. Contract renew will be a good option.

Ace Contributor
3 of 4

I have asked one of my clients but he is saying that donot worry about it. I have seen history of contractors in which he has given feedback to one contractor in 1st contract 5 stars, 2nd contract 3 stars but last one which has greater amount having feedback score 1 star only.

After this contractor account has been closed due to low rating.

My question is:

Should not a rule for clients to end the contract and hire again if having long term contract;-

1- Earning $ basis

2- Hour Basis

3- Month basis

Upwork should think one time about it for their own prospective future.

Thank you

Ace Contributor
4 of 4

I am also asking the client. It is not really workring

As you know freelancer has weak point of view as compare to client.

I think that there should be some rule for long term contracts like it should renewed periodly(monthly or yearly).

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS