🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is there any way to block a specific client f...
Page options
shivafernandes
Community Member

Is there any way to block a specific client from showing up in your job feed/search?

First of all I'll preface this by saying that this is more of a nitpicky thing, but It would make my time on UpWork more pleasing.

There is a client who posts around 10-20 jobs daily, since they pay well they usually shot to the top of all my feeds.
The issue? Well, by the looks of it this client only has worked with the same exact agency for all the last visible contracts. They don't offer any description of what they really are searching for, so I don't even see how I would apply.

So, nothing personal against them. I'm actually glad they are around and there are some freelancers/agency making a good cash! But I would really like to not see their job postings anymore, they clutter my front pages and I end up not even using the upwork feed anymore, I go straight to the search.

So, is there any way to block a client (that you never worked before) from showing up in your feed?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Shiva:
As far as I know, this is NOT possible.

But it is a VERY good idea.

This would not require extraordinary resources from Upwork to maintain.

If this was implemented as a feature in source code, it would not be necessary for Upwork employees to do anything on an ongoing basis.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Shiva:

If this was implemented as a feature in source code, it would not be necessary for Upwork employees to do anything on an ongoing basis.

Preston H wrote:

Shiva:

Thanks for the reply, Preston!

And yeah, I would love to see this feature since it doesn't exists. Hope it's something UpWork considers in the near future!

Thank you for this suggestion, Shiva. I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Thank you for this suggestion, Shiva. I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

Again....

It's been suggested so many times. And not impletemented.

So that means the team went "Ah, well, No."

Don't hold your breath

kelly_e
Community Member

Adding my voice. There are some employers who post dozens of jobs a day that wind up in my feed because they (seem to) tick all the boxes... they don't, and won't, so I'd love to simply block the employer, and have a cleaner, more usable feed. Nothing against them, just wishing using UW could be a little more... user-friendly.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members