cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to clean out old postings?

jasontorpy
Ace Contributor
Jason T Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
1 of 3

There are a lot of postings that are very old. I have one and I'm sure there will be more that are obviously abandoned projects. Is there any way to 'nudge' the client anonymously to close them if they're not still available?

It would be ideal if there was a craigslist-style requirement to refresh postings every 7 days or they just disappeared. If clients aren't paying attention, it wastes a lot of freelancer time applying to jobs nobody is watching, or waiting for a response that isn't coming.

On the other hand, I don't want to ignore older postings if upwork is doing something to ensure they are still valid.

Any thoughts on this?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 3

Hi Jason, 

I'd just like to share that a job posting will get closed automatically after 30 days of inactivity on that job posting. 

~ Avery
Upwork
tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 3

Jason, when you scroll to the bottom of a job posting, you'll see a section with data about activity on the job. This includes information about the number of bids, the number of freelancers the client is interviewing and how recently the client visited the job post. This information is your best guide when determining whether it's worthwhile to submit a bid on an older job.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS