🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is there any way to 'mute' a room within the ...
Page options
gaba276
Community Member

Is there any way to 'mute' a room within the chat?

Hello everyone!

A client of mine recently added me to a room where they send tasks for all their translators (instead of sending a link, for example, to each translator separately). I understand that this might be more efficient for them, but it is terribly annoying to me since I receive a notification and an email for every reply within that chat (features of Upwork that I do actually need and use). I naturally assume that a client is looking for me, only to find out that someone is reporting that they completed their task.

I am wondering if there is any way to sort of 'mute' this room. If not, would it be terrible to suggest creating something like a Slack channel? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Gabriela,

You can adjust the notification settings depending on what updates you'd like to receive. At this time, the option to mute notifications is not yet available. I'll be sure to bring this up to the team so they can review how this will be a great addition to the current features available.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Gabriela,

You can adjust the notification settings depending on what updates you'd like to receive. At this time, the option to mute notifications is not yet available. I'll be sure to bring this up to the team so they can review how this will be a great addition to the current features available.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members