cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to test messaging system?

Ace Contributor
Susan M Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
1 of 8

I'm a bit worried my messages aren't getting through (or recieved).

I've messaged a couple of clients a few days ago. They are normally very responsive clients but I've not heard from them and I'm worried the messages aren't getting through.

Is there anyway to test if my messages are being received and if sent messages might have gone astray?

Thanks in advance for any help

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 8

Susan, I don't think even the mods can answer this question . . .

I think the only way to check, is to send a private email (if you have that contact) to your client and ask.

Ace Contributor
3 of 8

Nichola,

thanks for replying.

Unfortunately, I don't have their private email adrreses. I've tried again, but still nothing. It's very odd as I've worked with one of them for a while and he's normally very responsive.

Maybe they're just busy and I'm worrying over nothing.

thanks again

Susan

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 8

It is possible. I have a very slow moving client, but he does come across with a little prodding!

Ace Contributor
5 of 8

I'll do a bit more prodding :-)

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 8

Susan,

I don't know of any good way to "test" the message system other than to use it.

If there was a "test" feature in place, I wouldn't trust it anyway. I would not assume that because I ran a "test' and got favorable results that the system would necessarily work to let me communicate with clients.

The simple truth is the message system HAS improved quite a bit since the time it was introduced, but it still has problems. Last week I had multiple incidents of NOT receiving messages at all because clients sent attachments with the messages. The attachments caused the messages to completely disappear.

Until things are better and more reliable, you may need to simply use your regular email address with clients if you have clients with him reliable, quick communication is a necessity.

Ace Contributor
7 of 8

Interesting Preston - my messages all contained attachments!

I'm messaging all of them now, sans attachments to see if that works.

I'll do a log off/log in too to see if that 'reboots' it.

I suppose I could ask support to message me to see if that works?

Ace Contributor
8 of 8

Just an update as you might be interested.

I asked support if they could help identify if the clients had recieved the messages.

Within afew hours of asking (and on a saturday) support came back and said one of them hadn't been online for a few days and in the mean time the other came back to me.

I know Upwork has a few issues, especially with some of the functionality, but the support I receieved was great! So credit where credit is due.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS