🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is there anything I can do in response to a ...
Page options
ladzkie
Community Member

Is there anything I can do in response to a client who made a baseless accusation?

Hello everyone, 
I hope everything is going well with you.

My life is not easy right now because of a dispute. The client ended the contract and after Upwork's grace period, the payment was already processed and that means that after a few days, she approved the payment. Freelancers are no longer required to respond to such request because the client has already approved the release during the milestone's review period unlike with request an escrow refund requests. 

One of the client's reasons why she asked for a refund is because  I touched the website and as a result, the website is no longer working. She accussed me. Well, before she ended the contract, she already removed my access.  Is there a way for me to complain about the accusation? The thing is she can't prove the accusation and in our  existing dispute thread, she won't respond if I ask for proof and evidence to support her accusation. 

I am a top rated freelancer and I won't do such thing. I worked hard to become a top rated freelancer. I know this is only my side but I just want to hear your thoughts regarding the accusation part. 

Thanks for at least reading my concern. 

Thanks,
Lito

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ladelito,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I understand that you are frustrated, but I encourage you not to share information about your case here in the Community especially since it may misrepresent the situation. We will not be able to discuss the details here because it’s a public Community. The team will continue assisting you via the open ticket to resolve the situation.

You may want to check out this Community thread for more information on disputes.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ladelito,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I understand that you are frustrated, but I encourage you not to share information about your case here in the Community especially since it may misrepresent the situation. We will not be able to discuss the details here because it’s a public Community. The team will continue assisting you via the open ticket to resolve the situation.

You may want to check out this Community thread for more information on disputes.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you, Aleksandar D. That is noted and understood.  I will comply. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths