🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is there other Video platforms we can use to ...
Page options
jillian-silcox
Community Member

Is there other Video platforms we can use to do the Video Verification - Link STILL is not working.

I started working earlier this year with Upwork and was so excited to do regular work until the funds I made from one job got put on hold and video verification was needed. For days, weeks, and even months .. I wrote to the community, support staff, and even called in because the video verification link would not work. It would always re-route me. I followed all of the steps with clearing cache, cookies, including updated and trying all the browsers. Heck - I even had Geek Squad look at my Mac desktop to make sure something wasn't wrong with my computer. And there's not. I kept getting messages that I still needed to click on the tickets or someone will reach out to you via email. But nothing. I did get wonderful support from the community and contributors from Upwork. But to no evail could I get anywhere or anyone to contact me like they said they would to do another option like Skype or something since the links were not working for me. I decided to pull off of trying anymore and figured maybe it was something to do with our internet because I am in area where we were impacted by Hurricane Michael. Now we have 5G / Fiber Optic on our road (just installed 3 weeks ago) and I saw that I started getting invites to apply recently for some jobs that I would REALLY love to apply for! I would love to refocus my business to doing more jobs off of Upwork but I can't do anything until I can do a video verification. Can someone please help me that works at Upwork - figure out another way to do a video verification??? I also just uploaded my ID - thought that maybe that was something new because I don't remember seeing that before. It's done but I still can't do a video verification - all it does is re-routes me to the feed. So nothing has changed. I have a brand new MAC desktop - there is nothing wrong with it according to Geek Squad. They also tried to access my computer and do it as well. I have done all of the troubleshooting steps you guys list. I see that others have been able to get video verified through other methods. I also would like to be able to access the funds I made through a job prior to the video verification. I'm perfectly fine doing one - I think the video verification is a great idea - it protects people. But the link just re-routes me back to the feed STILL. I'm available anytime for a phone call or other video verification methods. Please someone tell me if they can help or if this is a lost cause because I would prefer not to get my hopes up and excited about jobs over and over that I can't even apply for .. thank you in advance. Jillian 

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Jillian Nicole.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and share details of your concern. One of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Edited to add:

Our agent just sent you an email. Please check your inbox and spam folder, check the settings for your email provider and make sure emails from Upwork aren't being blocked. 

Let us know if you received the support email, or if you need any further assistance!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much! Looking forward to it!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members