🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is there still only a 10% Upwork fee on Featu...
Page options
bundie702
Community Member

Is there still only a 10% Upwork fee on Featured jobs?

I looked and didn't see anything on this. I'm pretty sure the description of the "Featured Job" said, in addition to that the client paid to list the job, that freelancers will only have a 10% Upwork fee withheld instead of the usual 20%. I noticed this morning that the description now only says that the client paid to list the job. Do Featured Jobs now have 20% Upwork commissions like every other job?

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Bettye U wrote:

I looked and didn't see anything on this. I'm pretty sure the description of the "Featured Job" said, in addition to that the client paid to list the job, that freelancers will only have a 10% Upwork fee withheld instead of the usual 20%.

If I remember correctly, only top rated freelancers get 10% on featured jobs.

petra_r
Community Member

Found it

featured.jpg

Thank you. That explains why I'm not seeing that additional sentence anymore. I was actively working and earning on Upwork until late last year. I've been more focused on obtaining my own clients through my website and working with them there for higher pay, and my reduced activity on Upwork caused my JSS to slip to 89% and the subsequent loss of my Top Rated badge. Although I've been active in recent weeks, it's only because I'm being paid well; when these jobs end I will likely become inactive once more. I won't work for pennies just to regain the Top Rated badge.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members