🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is this a BUG or is it real?
Page options
aziz-m_shahzad
Community Member

Is this a BUG or is it real?

Hey Guys,
I have noticed that most of the JOBS that are posted by the clients show that the client has sent an invitation to someone else. Almost every new job shows only "1 invitation sent" not more than one & sometimes more than one

Is it real that clients are sending an invitation to someone else. I have never seen an invitation sent on almost every new job before but noticed from the last few weeks

Let me know about that

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kinector
Community Member

Goran is right.

As a client, I end up inviting someone almost every time I post a job.

It doesn't mean I don't consider anyone else than the guy I invited.

If I did, I'd make the job post "Invitation Only" so that nobody else than those folks I invite even see the post and waste their time and Connects.

So, basically, it's perfectly OK to apply for jobs with a couple of invitations. It means the client hasn't decided yet and is open to all options. Go for it!

However, if you see a job post with loads of invitations (I've witnessed as many as 2,865 which is absolutely ridiculous and it triggered Upwork to take action!), just skip. You can flag the job post as Spam. Focus on other things.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

I checked some jobs from your feed and would like to confirm that everything is working as designed. The clients have already sent an invitation to a freelancers and the correct number is reflecting under the jobs activity. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, Goran

kinector
Community Member

Goran is right.

As a client, I end up inviting someone almost every time I post a job.

It doesn't mean I don't consider anyone else than the guy I invited.

If I did, I'd make the job post "Invitation Only" so that nobody else than those folks I invite even see the post and waste their time and Connects.

So, basically, it's perfectly OK to apply for jobs with a couple of invitations. It means the client hasn't decided yet and is open to all options. Go for it!

However, if you see a job post with loads of invitations (I've witnessed as many as 2,865 which is absolutely ridiculous and it triggered Upwork to take action!), just skip. You can flag the job post as Spam. Focus on other things.

Thanks, Mikko for the great brief
I have also seen a job with 2.5K invitations;)

Muhammad Shahzad A wrote:

Thanks, Mikko for the great brief
I have also seen a job with 2.5K invitations;)

Yeah, these are highly entertaining. Smiley LOL

Or not. Depends on your perspective. Smiley Tongue

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members