🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is this a Scam? HELP! ASAP!
Page options
25b6f05f
Community Member

Is this a Scam? HELP! ASAP!

I proposed for a job and receive message thru upwork. I was asked to reach the client thru telegram.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Then the discussion go on and directed me to **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Anyone know about this site? It was offering 4,000 dollars for a CAD drawings. I check again the posting but it was already deleted.

7 REPLIES 7
spectralua
Community Member

Yep, it is scam.

When you see telegram, phone, email... report scammer and move forward. Dont waste time. And never try to contact.

It's important to be cautious when a client asks to move communication off of Upwork, as this is a violation of Upwork's terms of service and can put you at risk of fraud or scams. In addition, if the job posting has been deleted, it's possible that the job may not be legitimate or may have already been filled. But it looks like it's a fake client don't contact

Thanks for response. And payment of 4,000 USD for 3 days is really sketchy. 

Thanks for response. It's my 1st so i didn't think clearly, I even started the project. How stupid of me. I withdraw the project and the client didn't even fight or get insulted.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

You have wasted time. But it is not a problem. You can be banned here. Outside conversation without contract is ToS violation.

Hi I recived the same job offer and is even the same pdf File, thanks for sharing this I'm also new in this 

NikolaS

Hi ADRIAN,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here

You may want to check this help article and this thread to help you stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members