Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a fake job post?

a28a942a
Active

Hi,

I recently applied to this job: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

We started interviewing and the client asked me to translate a test document via e-mail today. I did it and sent the file. However, I've just seen that the post is declined by client (Inappropriate Job Posting). I want to be sure if it was a fake job just to make their jobs for free or not. What's the best way to understand it? 

Thanks for your help,
Görkem

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gorkem,

The job you are referring to has been cancelled because it was in violation of Upwork ToS. Please, always make sure you have an active job under My Jobs tab and the client's payment method is verified before you do and submit any work to the client.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Guru

Not fake. You just did real free work. Grats.

I am brand new to this website (2 days) and this sort of thing seems to be the norm so far. I am truly dissappointed and hate when people do business like that.

How can I get in touch with the Upwork people and actually make a difference?

Thanks Jennifer. The client wrote me the results of the test will be ready at the middle of July and then she will write me via e-mail. I didn't get a notification about the decline on Upwork (Normally I would). And it's not there when I click the Notifications button. I was thinking this might be a technical issue but it seems I really did a free work. What should be next step? 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gorkem,

The job you are referring to has been cancelled because it was in violation of Upwork ToS. Please, always make sure you have an active job under My Jobs tab and the client's payment method is verified before you do and submit any work to the client.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS