🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is this a red flag when the potential client ...
Page options
svetlana_usa
Community Member

Is this a red flag when the potential client requested interview through messaging on Upwork ?

I have submiitted proposal and was contacted by a client through Upwork messaging. 

He was late for an online chat and without apologyzing started asking me quesitons like if you had any challenging situations at work, what is your daily routine as an analyst.I expected really tough questions about my skills.  I felt really awkward and asked if we can have a quick introduction phone call to know if he is a real person. 

He blocked me. 

I strongly think it is a scam. But with recent ID verification how can they still continue their game or is the cerification only for freelancers?

I can not take it anymore. The only people who contacted me on Upwork were scammers. 

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hello Svitlana,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with this client. It is important to us that our users feel safe and secure when using our platform. We take reports of suspicious activity very seriously and investigate each one thoroughly. We have a number of measures in place to protect our users from scams. I will forward your report to our team to investigate and take action on your client based on our internal guidelines.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members