🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Is this a scam? Three different potential cl...
Page options
kate_ashton
Community Member

Is this a scam? Three different potential clients asking me to text Dawn for further proceedings.

Is this a scam?  Hi, I have received three different messages this morning to proposals I submitted.  Each message is the same but is from three different people :

**Edited for community guidelines**

If it is a scam, how should I proceed in reporting it?  

Thank you!

Kate

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bstojadinovic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kate,

Thanks for flagging this to us. I found the jobs you mentioned. I will share those with our team for further investigation, and they will take appropriate actions as per our internal processes. 

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Yeah, it sounds quite fishy.  Flag the jobs if you wish.

bstojadinovic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kate,

Thanks for flagging this to us. I found the jobs you mentioned. I will share those with our team for further investigation, and they will take appropriate actions as per our internal processes. 

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jan 31
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths