🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is this a scam or suspicious activity?
Page options
rebeccaljohns
Community Member

Is this a scam or suspicious activity?

I received this message about a job. They say they want to interview me -

**Edited for community guidelines**

I thought all interviews happened through Upwork. Does this violate Upwork's terms or is this a scam?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Rebecca, good that you asked this question before proceeding. This is most probably a scam, and this definitely violates Upwork's ToS. No contact information should be shared between the client and the freelancer before the contract. Also, it is safer for you to, as possible, keep everything on Upwork. However, after the contract, no problem to share your contact information as long as the payment will be done through Upwork. 

If I were you I would report this message/ Job post. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for flagging this for us. I've checked and it looks like the job has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please check this thread for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

When you apply to a job that gets taken down, do you get your “connections” back? I’ve now applied for 2 projects that were taken down.

Hi Rebecca,

I've checked and Connects were already refunded to you as the jobs have been taken down because those were in violation of Upwork TOS. You can check this under your Connect History

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths