🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is this a scam?
Page options
dd330c2e
Community Member

Is this a scam?

I recently submitted a proposal for an entry-level UX Design job. Then I receive a message from them and ask me to finish an interview through Google Form ??? Then go to Skype and contact another person? I finished the form and send the message on Skype. They only took a half-day to review my answer and consider it and told me that I am hired. However, I did not receive any email from them, and everything sounds too good to be true. I am kind of new to Upwork, and it looks very unprofessional. They paid really high for an entry-level job and looks very suspicious to me.

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes, total scam. You should not have communicated off of Upwork until after a contract was in place as that is a violation of the ToS. Flag them, report them, block them, and stop all communication with them. But it is good that you checked. If you haven't already, please read this on how to better spot scams before going down this road again: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes, total scam. You should not have communicated off of Upwork until after a contract was in place as that is a violation of the ToS. Flag them, report them, block them, and stop all communication with them. But it is good that you checked. If you haven't already, please read this on how to better spot scams before going down this road again: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Thank you so much. The article is really useful to me. I have already flagged and reported them. 

JoanneP

Hi Allie,

Thanks for flagging the job. I've also reported this to our team so that they can look into this as soon as possible. I'd also like to remind you that communicating outside of the plat is against Upwork TOS. All communications should remain on Upwork until a contract is placed. Please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members