cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a scam?

myupworkjob
Marzieh B Member Since: Jul 14, 2017
1 of 2

Hi, I received a candidacy from a client living in the U.S. and were about to negotiate about the payment that I noticed another post with the exact the same words and grammer with a very little difference, this time from Pakistan. The client was very worried about the project should be confidential and I offered him that I can give him my signature or something. How come a very coincidental project can be posted by two clients qq from two different part of the world? I excused myself to go further though I was so excited to be hiered for this job. It was a translating a memo of a late father in law. Was it a scam ? 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 2

@Marzieh B wrote:

Hi, I received a candidacy from a client living in the U.S. and were about to negotiate about the payment that I noticed another post with the exact the same words and grammer with a very little difference, this time from Pakistan. The client was very worried about the project should be confidential and I offered him that I can give him my signature or something. How come a very coincidental project can be posted by two clients qq from two different part of the world? I excused myself to go further though I was so excited to be hiered for this job. It was a translating a memo of a late father in law. Was it a scam ? 

One of them may be a "Farmer" bidding for the same job and then farming it out...

You need not worry about it, as long as whoever hires you does so on Upwork, on either an hourly or fixed rate proper Upwork contract, has a verified payment method by the time you start working, and the contract is either funded (if fixed rate) or you use the Upwork tracker (if hourly)

PS: Why do you list English - Danish, English Norwegian, English - Malay and English - Swedish translations as your skills on your profile?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS