cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this allowed?

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
1 of 8

In order to get some standing on a social website, someone is looking for writers to create hundreds of false profiles and to copy paste content from websites and re-write the articles. I would have thought this is even worse than writing false reviews on Amazon.

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 8

No idea....but I wouldn't touch something like that - something that actually expects me to commit fraud - with a ten foot barge pole.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 8

Hi Nichola,

Please flag the job as fraud and our team will take a look.

Thank you.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
4 of 8

Nichola, it seems that flagging the RFP might have worked for a short time but the offender is back with a vengeance.  There must be 15 to 20 posts this morning by the jerk.

@ moderators - no, I am not going to spend my time flagging them all. Suggest you have a staff member do so.

Community Guru
5 of 8

Wendy, I flagged it some hours ago, I have also sent Vlad the link to the job.

I posted here rather than submitting a request, because I am tired of receiving generic advice as to how to flag a doubtful job, and I am tired too of receiving follow-up messages of 'how did we do?'

In fact, I have stopped reporting what are clearly scams, because there is no system in place to curb them. I know Elance had its quota of scammers, but at least the scam button worked and dodgy posts were generally extremely efficiently dealt with.

This particular job I felt was too fraudulent to go unremarked. That said, nearly every freelancer who has applied to this job, should also be investigated. Especially when qualified people are being turned away.

Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
6 of 8

@Nichola L wrote:

Wendy, I flagged it some hours ago, I have also sent Vlad the link to the job.

I posted here rather than submitting a request, because I am tired of receiving generic advice as to how to flag a doubtful job, and I am tired too of receiving follow-up messages of 'how did we do?'

In fact, I have stopped reporting what are clearly scams, because there is no system in place to curb them. I know Elance had its quota of scammers, but at least the scam button worked and dodgy posts were generally extremely efficiently dealt with.

This particular job I felt was too fraudulent to go unremarked. That said, nearly every freelancer who has applied to this job, should also be investigated. Especially when qualified people are being turned away.

Very well said, Nichola!

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
7 of 8

@Nichola L wrote:

In order to get some standing on a social website, someone is looking for writers to create hundreds of false profiles and to copy paste content from websites and re-write the articles. I would have thought this is even worse than writing false reviews on Amazon.

I wouldn't do it, but depending on the nature of the profiles it is probably not akin to false reviews on Amazon and similar sites because compensated reviews are considered advertising and thus trigger an obligation to comply with Federal Trade Commission regulations. 

Community Guru
8 of 8

RFP removed! Thank you Vlad!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS