🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Is this offer hourly or a fixed budget?
Page options
henryc2695
Community Member

Is this offer hourly or a fixed budget?

Hello and Happy Monday!

I have a doubt regarding an offer. I sent a proposal to an hourly job and I'm happy that I received an offer from the client. However, the offer appears to be a budget instead of the original hourly job.

Am I correct? Is this offer a budget job instead of the original $15/hour job?

HELP1.png

6 REPLIES 6
hijaziebadsyed
Community Member

Hi Liang,
Yes, you are correct. It's a fixed price job.

Thank you!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Liang Yu C wrote:

Hello and Happy Monday!

I have a doubt regarding an offer. I sent a proposal to an hourly job and I'm happy that I received an offer from the client. However, the offer appears to be a budget instead of the original hourly job.

Am I correct? Is this offer a budget job instead of the original $15/hour job?

HELP1.png

This is a fixed price offer for USD 15 total. It would be best if you discussed your doubts with your client, and don't forget - never accept before you are absolutely clear on everything!

It is theoretically possible to use a fixed-price contract to hire and pay for "an hour of coaching time."

Personally, I always consider it inadviseable to mix the fixed-price and hourly contract models.

If this is only an hour of time spent online with a client, and you are comfortable with the pay ($15 for that hour), then I suppose you could agree to such a contract.

But I consider it safer for BOTH parties to use an hourly contract for this.

If it was me, I probably would tell the client:

"Jason:

Thank you for the contract offer. But let's cancel that offer and use an hourly contact instead. That will work better for both of us. For example: If we end up spending only 30 minutes, instead of a full hour, then would only need to pay for 30 minutes of time, rather than a full hour. I think fixed-price contracts can be the right choice in some situations, but for coaching time done on an hourly basis, an hourly contract will work best."

Hello Preston! Thank you for your long reply and for the advice! It is possible yes, but from what I spoke to the client, we agree that this will be hourly and weeky coaching sessions so I think he made a mistake when he sent me the offer.

I already sent him a message about it. All is well! Happy Week! Smiley Very Happy

Thank you Martina for your reply! Yes, I believe this is an honest mistake from the client. He is new in Upwork. I will talk to him about it! I agree! Never accept if it's not clear. Cheers!Man Very Happy

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths