cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this some sort of scam?

jaleesadorsey
Jaleesa D Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
1 of 17

I just received an invitation from someone stating that they work in the Human Resource department of **edited for Community Guidelines**. The message said that they reviewed my resume and want to interview me for a virtual assistant position. What's weird is how rushed the appoint for the interview is and they're not asking if I'm interested, they apparently just decided that I am. 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

This is only a portion of the message, but I didn't apply to any job listing posted by this company, they just contacted me out of the blue.  Any time a company is in a rush like this, it seems suspect to me. So, is this weird?

jbampton
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
2 of 17

Interesting profile picture...

jaleesadorsey
3 of 17

Umm... thanks.

jbampton
Community Guru
4 of 17

Are you by any chance a cartoon character?

jaleesadorsey
5 of 17

Lol. No, I just prefer the animated look when I'm online. Haven't you heard? It's all the rage in Europe!

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 17

the job is a scam and your profile picture will get your profile suspended until you change it.

It is also partly why you got targeted by those scammers, they purposefully go for newbies who appear easy prey.

jaleesadorsey
7 of 17

Thank you, Petra. I made this account a couple of years ago, but didn't really use it. I've updated the info and now, after reading your comment, will update the photo.

jbampton
Community Guru
8 of 17

I'm thinking about changing my profile picture to Sheriff Rick Grimes from Season 1 The Walking Dead - in the police uniform when hes shooting a gun....then change me title to Ruby Gunslinger...

eammar92
Essam Aldin A Member Since: Oct 16, 2015
9 of 17

it very obvious, it's a scam.

jaleesadorsey
10 of 17

If it was "very obvious" I wouldn't have asked about it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS