🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Is tracker down now?
Page options
lmfap
Community Member

Is tracker down now?

32 REPLIES 32
mohsinabbas42
Community Member

I also having issue with tracker....
twinarcs
Community Member

Connection lost here as well.  Hopefully, Upwork will resolve in timely fashion as the Desktop app can only log up to 12 hours.

herrmann_jaclyn
Community Member

It seems like it is. It's taking screenshots and adding time to 'current session' but not actually logging the hours. I just did 30 minutes of unpaid work because of this.

Same here

Sad

lysis10
Community Member

ayup, came here to see if anyone was complaining. Looks like it's just the work diary and tracker. Says I have no connection and that's definitely not true, but if you go to your jobs the site works fine. Go to your work diary and one minute it shows screenshots and the next it doesn't. Sure hope those screenshots from the last hour aren't lost.

yes, same issue with me and i was wondering..So, yes, its down for now but they are calculating the time ..So, that would be added in the end..No worries 🙂

Muhammad U wrote:

yes, same issue with me and i was wondering..So, yes, its down for now but they are calculating the time ..So, that would be added in the end..No worries 🙂

Well, it only caches 4 hours and I have 5 hours of work to do, plus it showed 30 minutes of screenshots in my work diary and now they are not showing. I believe it deletes cache when it uploads to the site, so yes I'm worried that the screenshots are lost. But thanks for trying to placate people without knowing anything.

it actually caught 1:40 hours for me and i have worked an additional hour by now.. but i still believe work wont be lost but as a precautionary measure, i have told client as i might add manual time just incase, Upwork doesnt add automatically..Lets see, if some one else comes here and put up the same issue or i would contact support soon.

Thanks

Hi All,

Sorry about the inconvenience. Our engineers are already aware of this issue and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. We'll update this thread and the status page once the issue is fixed.

~ Bojan
Upwork

alright but can you confirm if we should keep on working or should we wait till its fixed? Do you think, our time wont be lost and would be added if we still keep the time tracker on while we are working?

Very poor quality for such an expensive service. 20%, VAT, paid connects.... and even the basics, time tracking, is failing. Smiley Frustrated

afifield
Community Member

Yes tracker is down for me and the work dairy won't even load for me to see the screenshots so I have no idea if the time is going in also the time on the tracker itself doesn't seem to be moving! Not good, I have a ton of work to do right now! 

waltwhitman
Community Member

Hello,

My time tracker is not loading current worked hours on projects,,, Not syncing and contantly saying "Connection loast" for almost 30 mins now. 

My internet is working perfectly and all other programs are running. Also, I am using the same computer and internet that I always use.

Is there something wrong with your servers?

yes brother, same is the issue here..Soem onefrom Upwork would assist soon , i hope.

Hello Moderators - what seems to be the problem w/ Time Tracker?

1. Is Upwork AWARE of an issue?

2. ETA on a fix?

3. Every other question asked in this thread .....

Cross posting w/ a Moderator.  

Yes please let us know! I am on a fairly big project right now. Edit: It is taking screenshots but the time is not changing on the tracker and no idea if it is going to the work dairy since it isn't loading at all. I hope I didn't lose the time I did log! 

Is the cache working becasue I'm on a big project too, but don't want to bother turning it on if the cache isn't even working. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

Katrina B wrote:

Is the cache working becasue I'm on a big project too, but don't want to bother turning it on if the cache isn't even working. 

You'll want to take note of when you started. I'm showing 10 minutes on the desktop app but it's been an hour for me. The reported time is wayyyyy off. Doesn't even cover what was uploaded to the site so I think it just stopped around 11:10am EST and is fubar'd.

Amanda and others,

Please, make sure you don't clear Upwork App cache as it should be caching time while tracking. After the incident is resolved it should upload tracked time to your Work Diaries.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello, 

Okay I will try to track the time still. I hope it works!

I'm tracking but it is such a huge pain. Every 5 seconds I am getting a popup saying connection lost, still tracking, then it says it is syncing, then connection lost, back and forth. Ugh I can't work like that.

The time is also not showing correctly in my jobs so will that be fixed as well once it comes back?

Hello all,

2 hours have passed since my tracker showed this message!, Does anyone have the same problem today?

Thank you.

Yes!

cpa-barrykaufman
Community Member

I am having issues too.

m4hmudu1
Community Member

I'm facing the same problem. I don't know how much time I've to wait. I want a notification when the tracker is online.

Visit https://status.upwork.com for the latest status. You can bookmark or subscribe to this page for the latest on site performance and any major issues affecting your use of the Upwork platform. 

seems like, issue is sorted but it didnt add up the time for me till now that i worked for the client during the issue with Upwork tracker.

It's trying so hard. It's syncing, it's not. It's working so hard. You got it tracker little buddy. You can do it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed now.  If you continue experiencing the same issue, please let us know.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am still having issues, time is not  syncing

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Danat,

Could you please try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following ''How do I report a problem?'' section of previously shared Troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
herrmann_jaclyn
Community Member

It's back up for me now. All the time that was logged while it was down is now syncing to the work diary.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths