🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Is upwork really legit?
Page options
2b657864
Community Member

Is upwork really legit?

I have been sending proposal for weeks now and have never gotten any feedback. I am almost giving up on freelancing

5 REPLIES 5
elisa_b
Community Member

Of course Upwork is legit. But before asking this question, are you sure you used it correctly? 

You have a meagre profile description (2/3 lines) where you do absolutely nothing to persuade a client to hire you.

If you have skills, you have to make them shine and be persuasive, both in your profile and proposals. By the way, if your proposals are crafted in the same way as your profile, no wonder you haven't received any answers.

Take the Academy courses and do everything that's in your power to improve your profile and proposals. Upwork is super-competitive these days and you cannot expect work to fall in your lap.

2b657864
Community Member

I saw in a post that profile description should be short and straight to the point. What am I missing?

2b657864
Community Member

How about now?

You can't create a good profile in a few minutes. Take the courses, come back for critique after you have implemented everything you learned. 

elisa_b
Community Member

Take the Academy courses: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Academy/ct-p/Academy

You will find all the info you need and they will guide you through the steps required.

Good profiles "talk" to clients and persuade them, instead of being an excerpt of a CV. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths