🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Issue about added milestone
Page options
tomliuwhite
Community Member

Issue about added milestone

I am a new freelancer on UpWork. Recently I worked on one contract, I have finished and submitted  it, but the client did not approve it yet. Today she added another milestone to this project with additional fund. I agreed to do it. I checked the updated contract, I found out:

1, there is no option/button that allows me to submit the work for the added milestone, 

2, the budget of the first milestone is 30USD, I saw it funded and in escrow

3, the budget of added milestone is 10USD, it is in the total budget as it shows 'Budget $40', but it is not shown as 'funded' nor 'in escrow'

My question is: can I start to work on the added milestone? Or should I have the client to approve the first milestone before I work on the second one? What is the right thing to do?Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jian, 

It looks like you've recently submitted work/requested payment for the first milestone. Before you do work on the second milestone, make sure that the payment has already been released for the first milestone and the client has funded the second milestone (the word "FUNDED" should appear beside the amount). This way, you can ensure that you are payment protected on Upwork. You may read more about Fixed-Price Protection here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jian, 

It looks like you've recently submitted work/requested payment for the first milestone. Before you do work on the second milestone, make sure that the payment has already been released for the first milestone and the client has funded the second milestone (the word "FUNDED" should appear beside the amount). This way, you can ensure that you are payment protected on Upwork. You may read more about Fixed-Price Protection here.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths