cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Accepting Invitation

marlonf_vs
Marlon F Member Since: Jun 1, 2018
1 of 6

Having an issue with accepting the invite I'm getting an error "Your Upwork user ID does not match the user ID in the invitation. Continue to Upwork." Any help appreciated.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 6

Hi Marlon, 

Is it possible that the job invitation was sent to you as an agency freelancer, instead of an individual freelancer? You can send me more information through a private message, such as the job post link, and a screen grab of the error so that I can look into this further.

-Avery
Untitled
j_schlansker
Jane S Member Since: Apr 25, 2019
3 of 6

I am having the same issue ... I  receive the email invitation to become an agency team member but get the message: "Your Upwork user ID does not match the user ID in the invitation." 
Continue to Upwork

The agency owner and I don't understand what the problem is. Screenshot of the invitation settings attached. Please advise.

**Edited for community guidelines**

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 6

Hi Jane,

Please advise the Agency owner to send you the invitation with the correct email address and username, both associated with your Freelancer account. After checking the screenshot you provided, those are not the same.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
j_schlansker
Jane S Member Since: Apr 25, 2019
5 of 6

Still don't get it ... the invite form says "Enter Email Addesses OR usernames" ... the email address was entered correctly ... where are you seeing the username?

Thanks for replying!

c.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 6

Hi Jane,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket and advise you further regarding your confusion.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS