🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Issue with Top Rated Review Removal "Perk...
Page options
dquigleyexcel
Community Member

Issue with Top Rated Review Removal "Perk"

I found what I feel is a glitch in the "perk" where Top Rated freelancers can remove 1 review every 3 months.  I've done this twice now, and it mostly works correctly.  Here is my issue:
The negative review still shows on both the clients profile, and the client history portion of the original job post.  I understand this, and am not looking for it to be removed from these screens.
The issue I have is that if you go to my profile, and from there:
1-Click on the job name with the removed review
2-Scroll down to the bottom, there is a link to VIEW ENTIRE JOB POST
3-When you click on VIEW ENTIRE JOB POST, you go to a screen where you can see the negative review that was removed.

I think that the VIEW ENTIRE JOB POST link should be removed from the job details on my profile when I have a review removed.  Otherwise, it is very easy for a client to find the details from my review. 

I understand this is a programming change, and will take time, but it makes no sense to let the client find the review from my profile. 

(I have already contacted help chat , and confirmed this is the way it is supposed to currently work as of now)

11 REPLIES 11
lysis10
Community Member

Did you choose not to have the whole thing removed?

Whatever the case, nobody looks that hard. Don't sweat it. You'd be amazed at the terrible reviews freelancers and agencies have and people still throw money at them. None of this stuff matters.

Yes, I asked for it to be completely removed, and I confirmed with Help Chat that this is by design, and wasn't an error.
I agree with you that most people won't look that deep, it's more the principle for me that if its supposed to be removed, it should be, but thanks for the feedback!  Do you know if upwork itself reviews these comments, or do I need to find another way to pass this on to them?

oh, ok. Well, nobody clicks the links of jobs in a profile. Maybe freelancers masquerading as clients do, but who cares about them. 

If you mean reviews your comment here, yes, Upwork reads here.

Don't let principles and things deter you from what really matters, which is $$$$$. A bad rating will fall into the abyss and you had it removed, so it's a non-issue.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your feedback. I'll share this with the rest of the team for consideration. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

See, now you've made us all want to go look at it and see for ourselves! not really

Ws it removed from your JSS calculation? That would be my primary concern. Esp if the client comment is like many (perhaps most) unjustified negative ones, and actually reflects more poorly on the client than on you.

It should be removed from my JSS, waiting on the recalculation.  I've done it once before and it worked for the JSS so I'm sure it will work.  I know its probably unlikely for clients to find, and once the review is pushed down to the lower parts of my profile then its really unlikely.  It just drives me crazy because I would bet upwork didn't even realize it worked this way.  

Dan Q wrote:

It should be removed from my JSS, waiting on the recalculation.  I've done it once before and it worked for the JSS so I'm sure it will work.  I know its probably unlikely for clients to find, and once the review is pushed down to the lower parts of my profile then its really unlikely.  It just drives me crazy because I would bet upwork didn't even realize it worked this way.  

I get that. If we ran our businesses the way UW runs its own, we'd starve.

Dan Q wrote:

I would bet upwork didn't even realize it worked this way.  

Oh they know it...

If it vanished on the client side as well it would create hours a day wasted listening to clients screaming that their well thought out feedback has been removed.

It also serves as a warning.

When I decide whether to work with a client or not I pay no attention to the feedback they received.

I pay VERY close attention to the feedback they left.

I agree, and I definitely look at the client feedback on new jobs, especially when their behavior sets off my radar!  I wasn't meaning to remove it on the client job, I just want them to remove the link to the initial job post in the details on my profile.  This way new clients couldn't just click through from my profile to get there. 

Dan Q wrote:

This way new clients couldn't just click through from my profile to get there. 

Trust me, they don't. Very few people know (well, a few thousand more will know now considering you told everyone on a public forum 😉

In fact I sometimes wonder if clients look at profiles or feedback at all, considering the profiles of some of the people who seem to get hired crazy much.....

Petra R wrote:

[...]

When I decide whether to work with a client or not I pay no attention to the feedback they received.

I pay VERY close attention to the feedback they left.

+1

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths