🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Issue with UpWork Payment System
Page options
mashraf
Community Member

Issue with UpWork Payment System

It seems that there is big hole in Upwork payment system. A few days before, a client hired me on UpWork and asked me to make payment to some freelancer/agency who was not on UpWork plateform. Client asked me to wire an amount of $1550 (in pak rupees) into the freelancer in one or two days and for that he transferred an amount of $2400 (including Upwork 10% fee). I don't know how does he credit funds into my account at UpWork from his account which was looking absolutely fine and valid account with verified payment method and track history. Actually it was scammer! I reported the UpWork and they suspended the client account and suggested me not to work on his contract. Thanks God I remained safe and thought to share here so that any other person would not suffer from such scammer attack!

Any how, this  shows that there is a huge issue with UpWork payment system and there no safety or gurantee for freelancers because at the end whole transaction reversed into client account...

So becareful guys!

1 REPLY 1
yofazza
Community Member

there no safety or gurantee for freelancers because at the end whole transaction reversed into client account...

It's the bank / credit card system so there's not much they can do.

Seller is the one at loss when "buyer" file a dispute. Freelancers are the seller here.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths